This is a adaption of my Look Good Naked Afghans. I wanted something healthy and easy for the week but I had ran out of seeds. So I improvised with LSA and cacao nibs instead. The result was this beautiful, yummy, chocolaty goodness!
The smooth, buttery cookie dough conspires with the crunch of cacao nibs to give your mouth a sweet texture party. So if you like texture, this recipe is for you!
When it came to forming them, I couldn’t decided if they should be balls, or if they should be cookies. I thought, let it be both! Yay for orbs!
As mentioned in my LSA week, LSA is a powerhouse superfood combo, which is great for maintaining excellent hair, skin and health. Made up of almond, sunflower seeds and linseeds, LSA contains omega 3’s, zinc vitamin E, copper, magnesium, manganese, potassium and iron.
Not only is the LSA good for you, the healthy fats in these orbs will keep you satiated and all the other goodies such as chia seeds, psyllium, tahini and cacao will add to your health and vitality.
- 2 tablespoon psyllium
- 2 tablespoons chia
- 2 cups LSA
- ⅓ cup cacao nibs
- ¼ Teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅓ cup cacao powder
- 3 tbsp tahini
- ⅓ cup cacao butter, gently melted
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- Place chia seeds and psyllium into a blender and process until fine.
- Add in the LSA and process until you have a fine flour. You might need to scrap down the sides occasionally. Do not over process as you might start to make seed butter (as delicious as that is, this is not helpful for this recipe!)
- Tip flour into a bowl, add in the salt, cinnamon and cacao powder and mix to incorporate.
- In another jug, add tahini, maple syrup cacao butter and mix well.
- Add to the flour and mix until everything is combined and you have a even coloured cookie dough.
- Add in the cacao nibs mix through.
- Shape into balls and flatten into a cookie shape. You can stop here or to make an orb shape, flip the cookie and flatten the other side so both surfaces are flat and even. Tidy up the sides by rolling the orb on a flat surface.
- Top with coconut or other nuts.
- Set in fridge for an hour or overnight.